Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hillary Clinton hands a forced-birther's behind back to him on a platter.



A beautiful thing.

When Representative Christopher Smith (R-New Jersey and A-Hole in general) asked then-Secretary Hillary Clinton back in 2009 about the "sanctity of life" and banning abortion in developing nations across the world, he got char-broiled by her response.
For those of you who don't have video, here's a snippet of her response.
"When I think of the suffering around the world – I’ve been in hospitals in Brazil where half the women were enthusiastically and joyfully greeting new babies and the other half were fighting for their lives against botched abortions.”
“I’ve been in African countries where 12 and 13 year old girls are bearing children. I have been in Asian countries where the denial of family planning confines women to lives of oppression and hardship."
This is quite true, needless to say. To get the wondrous effect of Secretary Clinton's icy disdain of Rep. Smith's whole opinion, you need to watch the video. Nothing shows the rage of a woman hearing a man say, essentially, "I believe in the sanctity of hypothetical life when the burden for 'preserving' this life lies entirely on a gender that is not my own. Through fortune of birth, I have been spared the fear of pregnancy and childbirth and will work tirelessly so that those who are less fortunate will have even more unnecessarily difficult lives because of my actions," than Secretary Clinton's expression as Rep. Smith asks his idiotic question.  FROM THE SITE

No comments: