Tuesday, February 28, 2012

9 Santorum Speeches That Make Me Want to Throw Up

IPECAC MAN
The thought of living under a neo-theocracy makes me kind of queasy.
February 28, 2012

The topic was a speech that Rick Santorum, really, really didn't like -- the speech John F. Kennedy gave during the 1960 presidential campaign, in which Kennedy declared his belief in an "absolute" wall of separation between church and state.

"That makes me throw up," Santorum, the former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania told George Stephanopolous on the ABC News program, "This Week."

That got me to thinking about speeches that might make me throw up, and, funny thing, an awful lot of them were delivered by Rick Santorum. I mean, this guy is the oratorical equivalent of a bottle of ipecac.
The thought of living under a neo-theocracy makes me kind of queasy, and Santorum's oratory often displays judgments on the theology of others, not to mention the supremacy of his own, which he seems keen to institutionalize.

Then there's the anti-intellectualism, and the demonization of educators as "indoctrinators." Ew, that's a nasty taste in my mouth.    READ MORE

No comments: