- The Horrible Trump Prsdncy 16
- The Horrible Trump Prsdncy 15
- The Horrible T P 14
- T.H.T PRESIDENCY 13
- T. H. T. PRESIDENCY 12
- T.H.T. PRESIDENCY 11
- THE HORRIBLE T. P. 10
- HORRIBLE TRUMP 9
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PAGE 8
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PAGE 7
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 6
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 5
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 4
- HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY (THREE)
- THE HORRIBLE. PRESIDENCY (2)
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
- 911 Page Two
- THE 911 VIDEOS AND BASICS
- Rachel Maddow Podcasts
- MICHAEL COHEN HEARINGS COLLECTION
- THE JEFFERY EPSTEIN FILES
- THE CORBET REPORTS
- THE MISC. COLLECTION AND THE LIBRARY LINK
- SAVED STUFF
- SAVED STUFF 2
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
They won't tell us who they are, but they are spending tens of millions as part of 'Americans Elect' to nominate and to field an 'Independent' presidential candidate in 2012.
December 12, 2011
There’s an increasing amount of buzz around Americans Elect, a peculiar Internet-based effort to shake up presidential politics. But dig a bit beneath the surface and there’s reason to be deeply skeptical of the endeavor.
The basic pitch of Americans Elect goes like this: We’ll go through the expensive and time-consuming process of getting ballot access in all 50 states. Then we’ll hold an online convention in June in which any registered voter can participate. Participants will nominate a presidential ticket including one Democrat and one Republican who will then enter the general election fray.
Here’s what the group is not so upfront about: It’s fueled by millions of dollars of secret money, there is a group of wealthy, well-connected board members who have control over Americans Elect’s nominating process, and the group has myriad links to Wall Street.
Americans Elect has been getting periodic bursts of support from prominent commentators. READ MORE
Posted by Obwon at 2:13 PM