Making Us All Sicker: Detroit Water Shut-Offs May Well Have Caused Irreparable Damage
Water stagnates in shut off pipes, bacteria grows, chemicals in the water change. Eventually these pathogens escape by working their way back upstream, poising the water system for everyone. This can even happen in pipes with slower moving water. Water usage slows because of individual metering and the attendant charges.
The idea of charging for water usage was supposed to be a temporary measure to be used during periods of drought, then rescinded once the emergency was over. But, local gov't's hungry for cash, keep water emergencies in place, so they can keep charging for water. Water is paid for from the gov't's general fund and should be always, to protect the water supply system from being contaminated by slow to no use areas. And it is, so, in reality you are paying for water use twice. Once in your taxes and again by metered use.
Why am I not surprised to see that the general public can't even hold their elected officials to their simplest, most ordinary promises? In NYC the media announced over and over again that the water metering program was only to be for the duration of the water emergency. Since then you've never heard another word about it, save an obscure article about how the water emergency has never been lifted. Oh well, no one seems to care..
- HORRIBLE TRUMP 9
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PAGE 8
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PAGE 7
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 6
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 5
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 4
- HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY (THREE)
- THE HORRIBLE. PRESIDENCY (2)
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
- 911 Page Two
- THE 911 VIDEOS AND BASICS
- Rachel Maddow Podcasts
- MICHAEL COHEN HEARINGS COLLECTION
- THE JEFFERY EPSTEIN FILES
- THE CORBET REPORTS
- THE MISC. COLLECTION AND THE LIBRARY LINK
- SAVED STUFF