Students at ultra-right Harding University planned a conference on poverty, but school administrators had other ideas.
July 28, 2011 |
In the summer of 2008, a dozen undergraduates at Harding University, a small Christian college in Searcy, Arkansas, decided to organize a daylong conference on the loose theme of “Social Justice from a Christian Perspective.” The idea was to bring in Christian experts to address issues such as poverty, trade and agriculture. The students raised thousands of dollars and spent months planning everything from audiovisual tech support to the lunch buffet.
A few weeks before the event, Harding administrators finally get around to reading the conference website. They didn't like what they found. Officials summarily informed the students they would have to find another home for the rapidly approaching conference. Harding would have nothing to do with it.
“They said that the conference was not in alignment with the mission of Harding,” remembers Zachary Seagle, one of the event organizers and a 2010 Harding graduate. The conference was also not in alignment with the politics found on Fox News, Harding’s de facto campus network. But more about Fox in a minute.
- T.H.T. PRESIDENCY 11
- THE HORRIBLE T. P. 10
- HORRIBLE TRUMP 9
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PAGE 8
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PAGE 7
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 6
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 5
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY 4
- HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY (THREE)
- THE HORRIBLE. PRESIDENCY (2)
- THE HORRIBLE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
- 911 Page Two
- THE 911 VIDEOS AND BASICS
- Rachel Maddow Podcasts
- MICHAEL COHEN HEARINGS COLLECTION
- THE JEFFERY EPSTEIN FILES
- THE CORBET REPORTS
- THE MISC. COLLECTION AND THE LIBRARY LINK
- SAVED STUFF